Friday, May 23, 2008
** The good news: I took another shift at my job! Yay! More hours but more money! Sometimes the time goes by pretty slowly, but it's ok! I really enjoy my work, but sometimes I wish I could be busier.
** Being home hasn't really been too bad after all. I'm finally getting my license next week. Pretty excited. :-)
**I came up with a budget while having some downtime at work....and I'm sensing...I might need a raise. lol
** I hope I can do a lot of partying this summer. A lot of mingling. A lot of just going out on whims. A lot of hanging out with my girls. A lot of going out. A lot of getting to know different guys, and not get attached to them, since I have to leave. Just a lot of enjoying life and the summer.
And of course, with the good news...comes the bad.
* I wondered how I would feel when the day would come when I would realize that my ex was with someone. For so long he made it seemed like he was soo stuck on me, even though I wasn't on him. So I became used to that attention. Even though I'm talking to that Greek I talked about the last time (his nickname will be the 4th, since he's the 4th child) it kinda made my stomach feel weird when I saw those pics. Oh well...that's what I get for being nosey.
**The 4th has clearly stated that he wants to be with me, but that he's scared of falling for me. I don't know if this is an excuse or what. I hate not knowing things at all. I wish I could read his mind. He tells me that he's being real with me, and all of that...so...I guess I have to go on with that, right?
**I have a problem with growing attached too quickly. So, in order to change that I MUST go out with other guys this summer. That way, even if the 4th does hurt me, I can go on without a problem.
**Why am I anticipating hurt?
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Ok... So I know that I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up. Anyway, so I'm no longer ready to leave here. Actually I'm trying to do summer school...
A lot has transpired since last week. Me and Musichead are definitely no longer doing whatever it was that we were. He's a loser... like literally. I've come to the realization that he's going to always be inconsiderate and unaplogetic. He actually had the nerve to call me last night. I haven't recieved a phone call or a text for a minute now...he told me that he felt "guilty" that he hadn't picked up the phone, and that we needed to "hang out" before the year ended. I CLEARLY live across the courtyard from you...if you wanted to see me, you should've called me earlier. He's a bum...so...
Me and "Shoegame" are also off for good. I told him that last night, and he told me that he knew that he was acting like a jerk, and apologized. Then he told me that he was going to try to earn a higher GPA next semester...like strive for a 3.0. I asked him what his GPA was looking like now... he said "A 2.2"... Doing some quick math, I realized that he needs a 3.8 next semester to have a 3.0... yeah... good luck on that!
So... I became reacquainted with someone I met a while ago. This guy will be known as the... well, I'll think of a nickname later. He attends the school right next door to mine (literally... the only thing that separates our universities is a fence) and we met at a conference for Black Honors Programs last semester in Maryland. He's a really nice guy. He and friends had been up here to find some tickets for a big party we had on Friday (which was pretty darn fun...I'll get to that later). I didn't expect to talk to them as long as I did...but we had a pretty good conversation. Very interesting. He just became part of a frat (Greek orgs. are pretty big at HBCUs) and was telling me about how much things have changed for him, particularly involving the opposite sex. Anyway, as he listened to me talk, he called me "prototype" and said that i'm "last of the dying breed" because I really haven't done too much. So that night, as we chatted again on facebook (i kinda like that new chat thing) I told him to stop on by so we can talk again. That's probably the best thing I've done all week. He came by on Thursday and we talked allllllll night about everything under the sun. The chemistry was just through the roof. So since then we've been talking and just hanging out a lot. His last day was yesterday, but I think he's coming to see me tomorrow before I leave for good on Friday. It's kinda weird how things are going but w/e...maybe it'll turn out for the best.
As we were talking one night, he told me that he would've never tried to even get at me like that, in the form of a relationship or anything. He said that he felt like if I was to get with a guy like him that would be me "settling" for less... I really don't think so. I kinda imagine that if we were to continue this thing it would definitely be like a "Dwayne and Whitley" type thing from off of "A Different World"...hmm.
But this guy has MAJOR groupies. Like these girls are feins. Why are girls from his school already hitting me up trying to be my friend on facebook and stuff??? Yeah... a little weird.
The party on Friday was fun. I had an exam on Saturday at 11, but I think I did pretty good on it. People are so stupid. Why didn't some people show up on Saturday to take the exam?!?!? Wtf??? People are dumb.
In other news... I've learned so much this year. I'm really reflecting back on everything that I've gained. Independence, leadership... understanding that people really are different. I might have to do another post just talking about everything I've learned.
Oh yes... So I really do believe that Heat gets to black people... as in the changing of the weather. It's been pretty hot these last few days. Why were people SHOOTING outside of my window last night?!?!?!?!?! Some freakin BLOODS were fighting some of our football players WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!? And then today two girls get into a HUGE argument in the cafe. Yeah, it's time to go home. Or just get away.
But I really don't want to go home now. I do need to do this summer school thing so I won't stay at home and lose my mind with all the rules that I have to go by...
Anyway...this will probably be my last post while I'm in the state of SC. I'll be back later in NC.
Oh yeah...KANYE ON FRIDAY!! WOOT WOOT!!!! :-)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
By...My love! Adrianne!
The Rules are as follows:
1. link the person who tagged you…
2. mention the rules in your blog…
3. tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
Here are my six things:
1. I have a really bad addiction to cereal, particularly anything with strawberries (like Special K with Red Berries, Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries). For the longest time, my mom actually "suspended" cereal from me and my brother from eating it at night, because we ate it THAT much. If I were on a deserted island, and was able to ask for a certain kind of food, it would be Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries and cold 2% milk.
2. I have began to love the artist M.I.A. She's pretty cool. Deep stuff she speaks of too, once you get past the beats of her songs.
3. I wholeheartedly believe that my future husband is on this campus of this institution. I know it sounds weird, but ever since I've been here, I've believed that. Now the question is...who??
4. While some may think of me as being slightly conservative, as in the way I look and dress, (not in my beliefs though), I believe that I'm perhaps the biggest risk taker out of all my friends. Bungie jumping anyone?? I plan to one day jump from a plane, free fall and jump into a wonderful ocean in the Bahamas, scuba dive, and all that great stuff :-)
5. However, while I am a big risk taker when it comes to certain activities... I'm deathly afraid of disappointment. I know that I have a lot of people who believe in me, and a lot of others who want to see me fail. I want to one day make sure that my Granny is soo proud of me, because I know I owe so much to her.
6. The best way to end a night? Mint tea with chamomille, lights out, warm bed...and watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Yeah I know. Or... watching "Snapped". I really love that show. But I don't think I'm THAT big of a risk taker!!
I don't have any friends with the exception of Adrianne and Caroline...so... I have no one to tag. I guess the game ends... here. lol
I apologized to myself last night for being so retarded. I also accepted his apology.
Life goes on.
Everything's so confusing right now. I'm officially really really happy that I'm going back home... the summer should be able to sort some things out.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Is the fact that you can continue to be so nice to someone, never treat them wrong, always give them the benefit of the doubt, and trust that they won't take you for granted...
But they bullshit you.
And do you so dirty. And wrong.